Unmetered/30TB vps $20/y

I am looking for a VPS with unmetered or 30TB bandwidth.
1cpu (50% fair share)
1GB ram
10gb SSD/nvme/raid 10 hdd
Ipv4 1

Comments

• Not going to happen with any reliable provider

Recommend: SmallWeb|BuyVM|Linode|RamNode

• @vpsgeek said:
    Not going to happen with any reliable provider

BuyVM has it but with 512 ram need just a little bit more

• @reaperofpower said:

@vpsgeek said:

BuyVM has it but with 512 ram need just a little bit more

The fair usage limit on 512 & 1 GB plans is 12.5 Mbps & 25 Mbps respectively afaik but I could be wrong on this so would request @Francisco to clarify it

Thanked by (1)uptime

Recommend: SmallWeb|BuyVM|Linode|RamNode

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

When you find that unicorn, please let us know where with regular updates :)

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek mikho

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

AahahAhahaha. Sure. I'd be happy to share that with someone else.

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• For double the money you can get a scaleway thingy with double everything (except ipv4) you're asking for. Even has 200mbit unmetered afaik.

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• Hello @reaperofpower - I am curious to know how you arrived at the $20 per year figure for your budget ...?

That works out to about $1.67 per month for 100 mbit/s 24/7 - I am under the impression that bandwidth costs more than that even without a VPS.

Are you hoping for reliable service that won't deadpool or do you just want to give someone $20 and see how it goes? :smiley:

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek Daniel

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited January 2020

We had offers like these, but the catch was the AUP.
    As long you can keep the speeds and load under a specific point you be fine.

I think it was 12$/y for 333TB on 1Gbit OVZ, but very rare.
    Also BuyVM is fine, even the cheapest one, putting 100Mbit 24/7 but if you go higher Fran will get you by your balls.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited January 2020

@Neoon said:
    Also BuyVM is fine, even the cheapest one, putting 100Mbit 24/7 but if you go higher Fran will get you by your balls.

hmmm .... If I remember correctly @Francisco is okay with 100 mbit/s 24/7 on a 4 GB slice (which costs $15 per month)

The $20/year slice is 512 MB so now divide that 100 mbit/s by 8 ...

tl;dr: you might do about 4 TB a month on the cheapest buyvm slice - much beyond that I really wouldn't count on. Maybe it flies under the radar for a while but I would expect anything remotely approaching 30 TB monthly to get called out as a dick move sooner rather than later ...

More realistically:

Hetzner advertises 20 TB monthly traffic for all their cloud VPS - cheapest (with 2 GB ram) would be about $35 per year (plus VAT if ordering from EU)

@cociu mentioned some time ago having some spare bandwitch with new upstreams in Romania - if that's still the case would still expect annual cost well over $20

There are several providers (most reselling OVH) who advertise "unmetered" bandwidth @ 100 or maybe 200 mbit/s but I would expect (eventually) fair use limits and probably more than $20 yearly price anyway so I am not feeling particularly inclined to mention any of them in this context

Really, for long term reliable 30 TB monthly traffic I would consider $10 or even $15 monthly to be a fair price considering actual cost of bandwidth (probably one of the more oversold resources advertised in lowend offers). Larger providers such as Hetzner or OVH might support that level of traffic for closer to $5 monthly since on average most of their customers don't use more than a small amount of their allocated bandwidth.

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL

• WSSWSS OGRetired

#butts

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

@uptime said: hmmm .... If I remember correctly @Francisco is okay with 100 mbit/s 24/7 on a 4 GB slice (which costs $15 per month)

Basically.

Some nodes are quiet so we can allow some excessive usage but I'd need a reason as to why you're using so much on so little.

Francisco

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • @uptime said:

@Neoon said:

hmmm .... If I remember correctly @Francisco is okay with 100 mbit/s 24/7 on a 4 GB slice (which costs $15 per month)

The $20/year slice is 512 MB so now divide that 100 mbit/s by 8 ...

tl;dr: you might do about 4 TB a month on the cheapest buyvm slice - much beyond that I really wouldn't count on. Maybe it flies under the radar for a while but I would expect anything remotely approaching 30 TB monthly to get called out as a dick move sooner rather than later ...

More realistically:

Hetzner advertises 20 TB monthly traffic for all their cloud VPS - cheapest (with 2 GB ram) would be about $35 per year (plus VAT if ordering from EU)

@cociu mentioned some time ago having some spare bandwitch with new upstreams in Romania - if that's still the case would still expect annual cost well over $20

There are several providers (most reselling OVH) who advertise "unmetered" bandwidth @ 100 or maybe 200 mbit/s but I would expect (eventually) fair use limits and probably more than $20 yearly price anyway so I am not feeling particularly inclined to mention any of them in this context

Really, for long term reliable 30 TB monthly traffic I would consider $10 or even $15 monthly to be a fair price considering actual cost of bandwidth (probably one of the more oversold resources advertised in lowend offers). Larger providers such as Hetzner or OVH might support that level of traffic for closer to $5 monthly since on average most of their customers don't use more than a small amount of their allocated bandwidth.

Interesting, I never paid 15$ for a slab and got that told.
    But yea make sense.

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • edited January 2020

@vpsgeek said:

Listen to others here!

You need to be realistic, or have the $$$ to backup your demands as $20/y will not cut it.

VPS Aliens | AS207328 | Your Portal to Alien Class Servers & Support!
    █ VPS Solutions | Dedicated Servers | KVM VPS Reseller | 10Gbps Ports

• I have one box with a little more price but I am not gonna tell anyone :p
    Business secrets :)

Action and Reaction in history

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@Francisco said:

@uptime said: hmmm .... If I remember correctly @Francisco is okay with 100 mbit/s 24/7 on a 4 GB slice (which costs $15 per month)

Basically.

Some nodes are quiet so we can allow some excessive usage but I'd need a reason as to why you're using so much on so little.

Francisco

Shadowsocks proxy or TOR are my guesses.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @Francisco is cool with

Right ?

• @Rahul said:
    @Francisco is cool with

Right ?

See https://buyvm.net/acceptable-use-policy/

Tor Guidelines
    3,1,1 - Please open a support ticket informing us you're running an Exit Node. This is to allow us to keep track of abuse complaints that come in and handle them accordingly.

Thanked by (1)Francisco

• joepie91joepie91 OGServices Provider

Why is this thread in Reviews?

• @joepie91 said:
    Why is this thread in Reviews?

Shit! Joepie91! I haven’t seen that name in a long long time!!

Thanked by (1)joepie91
  • https://www.netcup.de/vserver/vps.php for 40 usd/year, 40tb/month.

Thanked by (1)uptime

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• Pretty sure OP wants it far below 20/yr. 40/yr ain't gonna work.

My bet is that he actually wants it at 10/yr.

Thanked by (1)vyas

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @teamacc said:
    https://www.netcup.de/vserver/vps.php for 40 usd/year, 40tb/month.

Looks nice, even if the tax is.not credited back to non EU residents.

So.... Why isn't everyone jumping and screaming with joy??

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @deank said:

$10 is too high. $2.99/yr for me.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2020

@FAT32 said:

@deank said:

$10 is too high. $2.99/yr for me.

You know where to get this....clue: that is annual pricing. Happy new year/ Year of the Rat, btw.... I suppose the dinosaur does care about little rats :-)

Cheers

Thanked by (2)uptime FAT32

• @vyas said:
    You know where to get this....clue: that is annual pricing. Happy new year/ Year of the Rat, btw.... I suppose the dinosaur does care about little rats :-)

Thanks for the suggestion and wishes! How about with IPv4 :joy:

• @vyas said:

@FAT32 said:

@deank said:
    My bet is that he act

@FAT32 said:

@vyas said:

Thanks for the suggestion and wishes! How about with IPv4 :joy:

Now I can see why providers named a certain code around Christmas in your honour :-)

Thanked by (2)FAT32 uptime

• He is a fat man with 32 wishes, virtually impossible to please.

Thanked by (2)FAT32 yoursunny

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said:
    He is a fat man with 32 wishes, virtually impossible to please.

Just give him loads of money. That's virtually every Chinese's new year wish during lunar New Year :joy:

Thanked by (1)FAT32

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@vyas said:
    Now I can see why providers named a certain code around Christmas in your honour :-)

Did we have another shitweasel year?

Thanked by (1)FAT32

• discount code was something like FAT32ISADECENTFELLOW if I remember correctly :smiley:

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek FAT32