IonSwitch: Dallas, Texas Launch

ionswitch_stanionswitch_stan OGRetired
edited December 2019 in Offers

IonSwitch: Dallas

Hello! IonSwitch has expanded to Dallas, Texas, USA and been hosting private workloads out of two Texas data centers for over a year. We have consolidated down to what we feel is the more robust option at Carrier-1 and have started to open up public VPS hosting.

Similar to our Seattle, Washington site we own all our equipment, IP addresses, network (AS16584) routers, switches and hypervisors. Multiple upstream carriers and DDOS protection.

Notes
- No outgoing SMTP - my life is too short.
- No BGP at this time.
- No customer referrals for these deals.
- Looking glass isn't up yet -- 204.9.36.6 is a test IP

Host Nodes
E5-2670 (or better) - Same as Seattle.
6 disk RAID10 Enterprise SSD
128GB per hypervisor
Dedicated resources per VPS (see KB) - no overselling.

We are offering some early-adopter huge discounts for this site --

Link: https://clients.ionswitch.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=36
Code: LES-2019-12-VPS512DAL - $12/yr $11.50/yr (LES Exclusive!)

1 vCore CPU
512MB RAM
5GB RAID 10 SSD Storage
500GB on 1Gbps Port Bandwidth
1 IPv4 (Additional Available w/ Justification) & /64 IPv6 Subnet IP Addresses
KVM Virtualization Type
Virtualizor Control Panel

Link: https://clients.ionswitch.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=35
LES-2019-12-VPS1DAL - $20/yr $19/yr (LES Exclusive!)

1 vCore CPU
1GB RAM
10GB RAID 10 SSD Storage
1TB on 1Gbps Port Bandwidth
KVM Virtualization Type

Link: https://clients.ionswitch.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=37
LES-2019-12-VPS2DAL - $40/yr $39/yr (LES Exclusive!)

2 vCore CPU
2GB RAM
25GB RAID 10 SSD Storage
2TB on 1Gbps Port Bandwidth
KVM Virtualization Type

Open a support ticket for a free 10GB with the use of any of these LES-2019-12-* coupons before the New Year!

Ionswitch.com | High Performance VPS in Seattle and Dallas since 2018

Thanked by (2)beagle uptime

Comments

• Heh.. just to confirm, is this a LES special?

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @poisson said:
    Heh.. just to confirm, is this a LES special?

and LET, just see same thread on old forum

• ionswitch_stanionswitch_stan OGRetired
    edited December 2019

@poisson said:
    Heh.. just to confirm, is this a LES special?

The old thread in LES Exclusive Offers was LES Exclusive. I could go through and bumb the other forum prices by $1 ;).

• @ionswitch_stan said:
    The old thread in LES Exclusive Offers was LES Exclusive. I could go through and bumb the other forum prices by $1 ;).

Or you could reduce the prices in this forum by $1 :wink:

Thanked by (1)TheDP
  • @FAT32 said:
    Or you could reduce the prices in this forum by $1 :wink:

Sure. Done.

Thanked by (4)FAT32 uptime skorous poisson

• @ionswitch_stan said:
    Sure. Done.

Wow. Just like magic.

• FAT32ISEVIL

Thanked by (3)FAT32 skorous poisson

• @FAT32 said:

@ionswitch_stan said:
    Sure. Done.

Wow. Just like magic.

The power of FAT32!!

This space intentionally left blank

• IV said:
    The power of FAT32!!

Not really, it is the craziness of Stan :)

I will be the bad guy if it helps everyone

Thanked by (1)IV__
  • All hail @FAT32!

The Seattle service is prem. Expect nothing less.

Go buy some VPS to idle guys!

Thanked by (2)FAT32 uptime

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

:+1:

by the way ... comparing page views & comment counts for this post - looks like LES is the place to be if looking for good engagement :)

Thanked by (3)terrorgen poisson evnix

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• @uptime said:
    :+1:

by the way ... looking at page views & comment counts - seems like LES has now taken the lead :)

Dallas or Seattle ?

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@isunbejo said: Dallas or Seattle ?

why not both? :smiley:

But with regard to the screenshots, I'm actually comparing London (LES) to Buffalo (LET). I took both snapshots "for the record" about 20 minutes ago. and am quite gratified to notice not only more comments here but also more page views.

That's an interesting trend - and even right now seems like a clear tipping point has been reached.

Thanked by (1)isunbejo

edited December 2019

Sales from LES outnumber LET (since the coupon codes were different). Views from LES (to my site) outnumber LET (per Google Analytics). Booyea. @AnthonySmith toss some more fuel on this fire, were burning now...

• @ionswitch_stan sounds good - might also be interesting to compare tickets and chargeback rates while you're at it :)

@isunbejo - I think the special offers are just for the new Dallas nodes but if you're looking for something in Seattle it might be a good time to check in with @ionswitch_stan about availability there as well. (I can definitely recommend the $22.50 yearly NVMe in Seattle from personal experience)

Thanked by (1)isunbejo

• @uptime said: (I can definitely recommend the $22.50 yearly NVMe in Seattle from personal experience)

The SSD machine in Dallas might be one of the last, with Enterprise NVME prices finally sane -- there might be a NVME host on its way to a datacenter with faster procs.. maybe..

Thanked by (2)isunbejo uptime

• @FAT32 why he is naked here without tags? Like in LET?

Thanked by (1)uptime

⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆ Thanked by (1281): verjin

• Is this deal also available in Seattle?

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• I know you are trying to offer a really sweet deal with the yearly, however, I don't usually go in for a year with a new provider. I know PayPal is likely the reason you are not offering a low monthly payment option, as they take a large portion of the smaller payments, making it less profitable. However, having a monthly option which allows the end user to test for a month, rather than be committed for a year up front, would still be preferable and in some cases attract that user who isn't yet quite ready for a yearly commitment.

Maybe even a quarterly option might be a little easier to digest?

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by (2)uptime vimalware

Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
    20+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development

• @TheLinuxBug said: However, having a monthly option which allows the end user to test for a month, rather than be committed for a year up front, would still be preferable and in some cases attract that user who isn't yet quite ready for a yearly commitment.

The regular price for 1 month of the 1 GB is $3.50, which is basically what LunaNode would charge and less than Vultr. Why not do that as a trial?

Thanked by (1)ionswitch_stan
  • @TheLinuxBug - annual payment might also be a "hassle filter" for a provider - though sure could see a properly priced quarterly option (say anywhere from $5 to $7, maybe with some wiggle room for discounts) finding a sweet spot

ionswitch does currently offer a $3.50 monthly KVM with 1 GB ram and 10 GB ssd in Seattle

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    a new provider

What is your definition of 'new'?

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    I know you are trying to offer a really sweet deal with the yearly, however, I don't usually go in for a year with a new provider. I know PayPal is likely the reason you are not offering a low monthly payment option, as they take a large portion of the smaller payments, making it less profitable. However, having a monthly option which allows the end user to test for a month, rather than be committed for a year up front, would still be preferable and in some cases attract that user who isn't yet quite ready for a yearly commitment.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

afaik ionswitch isnt new at all

Thanked by (2)poisson cybertech
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

While I haven't use ionswitch before I doubt they are "new".

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

edited December 2019

@TheLinuxBug we were new in May of 2017 (here). Since, we have continued to grow, including our own 16B ASN (A1S6584) with direct allocations of IP space from ARIN (204.9.36.0/22). We joined the SeattleIX on 4/21/2017.

At the end of the day in the LET world there isn't room for the smaller guys to not have stellar service. We have a formal refund window, but have always been open to discussions if we cannot meet a need. While an annual commitment helps us commit to hardware and costs (and keep Paypal costs low), we offer monthly options (and specials). We can convert from annual to month to month, and month to month to annual in special cases.

PM me and we can work something out.

Thanked by (2)uptime poisson

• seanhoseanho OG
    edited December 2019

Can vouch for IonSwitch in Seattle; network and uptime have been solid. I haven't need to use support much, but they've always been prompt and courteous as far as I can tell. I appreciate their slow and measured approach to expansion.

• @thedp said:
    Is this deal also available in Seattle?

PM me.

• Took some time this weekend to fully automate our Looking Glass deployment --

https://lg.dal.ionswitch.com/
    https://lg.sea.ionswitch.com/

Thanked by (1)uptime