Hello

Just wanted to say hello. I found this site via lowendtalk and the infamous deapooling discussion. I am one of the suckers, lol. Oh well, I lost 2x$8, big deal. I have most of my server's on Securedragon and I have been super happy with their services. I have used them for years and all servers have been rock solid :-)

BTW, a good "About" page with an easy to find link at the top of this site would be good -- would make this site look more legit.

Comments

• Welcome. And sorry for your lost.
    Hope you find this forum a better place to hang out.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• Welcome to LES
    Just stay away from the LEB gutter to avoid getting scammed. Pay a few dollars more & sign up with reputable providers such as BuyVM, NexusBytes, HostDoc, InceptionHosting among many others.

Thanked by (1)WJN

Recommend: SmallWeb|BuyVM|Linode|RamNode

• Nexusbytes has a refugee deal if you haven't used them before. It is not $8 a year but really good for what you pay for!

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• May I ask what the paypal addresses have been that accepted your payment for the lost services?

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek uptime

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• Hi Amitz, I found the following address in paypal: [email protected]

Thanked by (1)Amitz
  • @WJN said:
    Hi Amitz, I found the following address in paypal: [email protected]

Thank you very much, @WJN!

@AnthonySmith: Does that ring any bell on your side?

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).

• @vpsgeek said:
    Welcome to LES
    Just stay away from the LEB gutter to avoid getting scammed. Pay a few dollars more & sign up with reputable providers such as BuyVM, NexusBytes, HostDoc, InceptionHosting among many others.

Thanks, but how can a person know this when searching for "cheap VPS" and finding lowendbox.com on the top of the search results?

• vpsgeekvpsgeek OG
    edited December 2019

@WJN said:

@vpsgeek said:
    Welcome to LES

Thanks, but how can a person know this when searching for "cheap VPS" and finding lowendbox.com on the top of the search results?

That person should at least search for reviews of the provider he is going to sign up with. If he doesn't do that the first time, he will eventually make it a habit unfortunately after getting screwed by the leb provider a few times.

• @WJN said:

@vpsgeek said:
    Welcome to LES

Sure that happens. I have paid 150$ for a shared hosting so.... From any error you are learning

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek Amitz

Dentistry is my passion

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

Welcome!

I’m sure that @AnthonySmith already has a plan for a ”regular” site where the about page will be and keep this sub-domain for forum talk only.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• ELLO, welcome to Hostballen, eh LES Talk.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited December 2019

@Amitz said:

@WJN said:
    Hi Amitz, I found the following address in paypal: [email protected]

Thank you very much, @WJN!

@AnthonySmith: Does that ring any bell on your side?

Sure does: https://www.google.com/search?q=nfphosting+lowendtalk&oq=nfphosting

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/146753/nfp-hosting-scam

and the man himself "Nathan" apparently https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/nfphosting I am not logging in there though so my access is limited, perhaps someone could nudge @trewq in the right direction to gather some data/IP's etc.

Thanked by (1)Amitz

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @WJN said:

@vpsgeek said:
    Welcome to LES

We can only do what we can. Google reviews, check forums etc. Those who get scammed just have to treat it as school fees (myself included).

Besides, you can do whatever you can to help people and they will still find ways to doubt you. I maintain a whitelist of providers as a public service and lol some morons actually claim the list is 'biased'. Yea just like how anti-vaxxers claim vaccines are some big pharma conspiracy.

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek mikho

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@poisson said:

Seems too good to be true? It usually is. Unless it's Virmach. They're just batshit.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• @WSS said:
    Seems too good to be true? It usually is. Unless it's Virmach. They're just batshit.

So far they haven't been scammy so I think in principle they are still ok.

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @poisson said:
    I maintain a whitelist of providers as a public service

You are of course doing great service to the community by maintaining a whitelist but I am just curious to know what are the requirements for the provider to get inducted into your whitelist?

Thanked by (1)uptime

• vpsgeekvpsgeek OG
    edited December 2019

@poisson said:

@WSS said:

Who ever is bread & butter to the gutter at Buffalo deserves as much dislike as the gutter itself. But that is just my person opinion only

• @vpsgeek said:

@poisson said:
    I maintain a whitelist of providers as a public service

You are of course doing great service to the community by maintaining a whitelist but I am just curious to know what are the requirements for the provider to get inducted into your whitelist?

I use the collective wisdom method. I will trawl the active hosting forums when I see a provider I think should be mentioned plus do a ton of other searches to satisfy myself that the provider is reliable. There may be difference of opinion in terms of customer service but as long as they provide the goods mostly as advertised and I see mostly positive comments, they will be included.

If I miss any provider that anyone thinks should be included, please let me know and I will do a background check. If there is strong evidence that someone should be taken off the list, let me know too.

I don't rely on a set list of criteria because stuff like that disadvantages new hosts. There are enough people who are early adopters by nature and if many of them share positive reviews (I do background checks in commenter's history too) then someone who hasn't been around for several years can also be whitelisted. At the end of the day, it's all about reducing the risk to the maximum extent possible using all kinds of data that I can lay my hands on.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@vpsgeek said:

@poisson said:

@WSS said:

Who ever is bread & butter to the gutter at Buffalo deserves as much dislike as the gutter itself. But that is just my person opinion only

When are you running for office? I've never seen so much hatred by proxy since the 2016 elections.

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@WSS said:
    never seen so much hatred by proxy since the 2016 elections.

the Internet Research Agency has now entered the chat

@WJN said:

@vpsgeek said:
    Welcome to LES

Thanks, but how can a person know this when searching for "cheap VPS" and finding lowendbox.com on the top of the search results

That's a good question.

I suppose eventually many do pay some cheap tuition to learn a valuable lesson: don't believe everything you read on the internet.

But now you are in good company here. Many of us are all about learning how to learn, and sometimes even how to teach - if we are able.

If you feel like you might want to try your luck again ... maybe just pick a provider to evaluate and then compare notes with others here.

I've been putting together a little list - though still sure do need to check it more than twice. But please feel free to have a look and see if you can tell which are naughty or nice. You' will no doubt find some of the former, but I hope much more of the latter here

Happy hunting!

Thanked by (2)vimalware vpsgeek

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• Welcome to LES! Congrats you now have OG tag :))

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • Hi mate
    Welcome to LES :)

• uptime said: I've been putting together a little list - though still sure do need to check it more than twice. But please feel free to have a look and see if you can tell which are naughty or nice. You' will no doubt find some of the former, but I hope much more of the latter here

Thanks for the list 'uptime'. I'll add the list to my blog and IoT page. I have probably been leading others down the rabbit hole. I'll redo some of the wording and point them towards this blog and your list.

Thanked by (1)uptime

I guess some work needs to be done around "cheap vps"

Thanked by (2)uptime vpsgeek

• Lowend-SEO? Mentioning "cheap vps" in every posting? Should I? B)

Thanked by (1)uptime

• Thanked by (1)Amitz

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

edited December 2019

@Amitz said:
    Lowend-SEO? Mentioning "cheap vps" in every posting? Should I? B)

cheap vps? why mention cheap vps? oh you mean if we mention cheap vps it may help with seo because by saying cheap vps multiple times in a forum that has dynamic content google will love the cheap vps keyword and improve the serp/seo for lowendspirit and cheap vps.

is that what you meant by cheap vps?

Thanked by (4)Amitz uptime flips beagle

• Well, whenever I think of cheap vps, I mean - the true cheap vps, then I think about vps that are cheap. So, when you say cheap vps and I say cheap vps, then we are both probably talking about cheap vps, don‘t we? And maybe google watches us while talking about cheap vps and the algo thinks: „Holy shit! They are talking a lot about cheap vps! This is for sure THE place for cheap vps!“

Thanked by (4)vpsgeek uptime Rahul beagle

• cheap vps

Thanked by (1)uptime