Providers that offer VMs on AMD Ryzen and EPYC platforms

Please share links if you know of providers that currently offer VMs on AMD Ryzen and EPYC platforms.

Thanked by (1)WebHostingDomain

Comments

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

ExtraVM, NexusBytes, and BanditHost are some that come to mind

On this forum:

see also: https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=455-2EC-860

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• Prometeus uses AMD EPYC 7551P hosts for their TeraKVM product line

Thanked by (3)K4Y5 uptime vimalware
  • Linode. cpuinfo from Japan Nanode:

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
    vendor_id   : AuthenticAMD
    model name  : AMD EPYC 7501 32-Core Processor

Thanked by (3)K4Y5 uptime vimalware
  • Linode

Thanked by (2)K4Y5 vimalware
  • @lgsin said:
    Linode. cpuinfo from Japan Nanode:

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
    vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
    model name    : AMD EPYC 7501 32-Core Processor

Nice. Just launched a couple of VMs in APAC locations (Japan and India) to verify the same. Both of them came with -
    CPU model : AMD EPYC 7501 32-Core Processor

processor       : 0
    vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
    cpu family      : 23
    model           : 1
    model name      : AMD EPYC 7501 32-Core Processor
    stepping        : 2
    microcode       : 0x1000065
    cpu MHz         : 2000.000
    cache size      : 512 KB
    physical id     : 0
    siblings        : 1
    core id         : 0
    cpu cores       : 1
    apicid          : 0
    initial apicid  : 0
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 13
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov                                                                                                                                                              pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm                                                                                                                                                              rep_good nopl extd_apicid pni pclmulqdq ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic mov                                                                                                                                                             be popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm cmp_le                                                                                                                                                             gacy cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ssbd ibpb vmmcall fsgsb                                                                                                                                                             ase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 rdseed adx smap clflushopt sha_ni xsaveopt xs                                                                                                                                                             avec xgetbv1 virt_ssbd arat
    bugs            : fxsave_leak sysret_ss_attrs null_seg spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spe                                                                                                                                                             c_store_bypass
    bogomips        : 4000.00
    TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

• Many of the big cloud players will be AMD soon. Not being able to hyperthread on Intel processors hurt profitability like crazy for them. They probably consider the change a capital investment for the next 5 years.

Thanked by (2)K4Y5 vimalware

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @K4Y5 - if you're looking for something in Dallas, might check with @MikeA if any deals available on his Ryzen 3900x

Last month I managed to snag a nice discount to get this one just under $7

2GB RAM (DDR4 ECC)
    2 Cores (Ryzen 3900X)
    30GB NVMe SSD
    2TB @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4/IPv6
    DDoS Protected

here is a geekbench https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14905094

Thanked by (1)K4Y5

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• @uptime said:
    @K4Y5 - if you're looking for something in Dallas, might check with @MikeA if any deals available on his Ryzen 3900x

Last month I managed to snag a nice discount to get this one just under $7

> 2GB RAM (DDR4 ECC)
    > 2 Cores (Ryzen 3900X)
    > 30GB NVMe SSD
    > 2TB @ 1Gbps
    > 1 IPv4/IPv6
    > DDoS Protected
    > 

Thanks @uptime. I actually had the $3.5/mo 1GB Ryzen VPS with ExtraVM from the initial launch period up until last week. @MikeA has always been a stand-up guy and his services have been pretty solid.

It's just that I am currently moving services to EU and APAC to cut down on latency amongst other things. So, letting go of VMs that I have no immediate use for. Sadly, that puts most of my US/CA based VM and Dedis on the list for cancellation within the next couple of months.

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG
    edited December 2019

@uptime May want to watch for the next deal on 3950X, it will have 10Gbps instead of 1Gbps ?

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• @MikeA said:
    @uptime May want to watch for the next deal on 3950X, it will have 10Gbps instead of 1Gbps ?

Stop tempting me, damnit! I am trying to cut down on services. :P

• I had one of @MikeA's 3900x vm's for a month and it was fantastic, did several compute heavy tasks on it and it outran my 3770x dedi on per-core basis.

Scaleway.com lets you spin up a bare metal 7401P dedi for 0.80 euro/hour if that's of any interest. Not a VM but similar type of product. 24 cores/48 threads, 256GB ram, and some large SSD setup. I could imagine having a use for that sometime.

Thanked by (3)uptime K4Y5 poisson
  • tetechtetech OG
    edited December 2019

Oracle's "always free" VMs gave me 2 x Epyc 7551 per VM.

Thanked by (2)uptime K4Y5
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

@tetech said:

Was about to say same. Those VMs are severely nerf'd though. The up/down is capped to 50mb/s

Thanked by (1)K4Y5
  • @havoc said:

@tetech said:

Was about to say same. Those VMs are severely nerf'd though. The up/down is capped to 50mb/s

Agreed. I/O also sucks. But the OP didn't say anything about the VM being good/fast/suitable for anything, just whether it uses Ryzen or Epyc :)