[Transfer] OVH UK ERI1: KS-5-A

KS-STOR is SOLD

Hi LES,

Consolidating the whole lab onto one box, so both of my OVH UK (Erith / ERI1) servers are up for transfer. Happy to sell separately or as a pair, and I will do a better deal on both. Sale / transfer only, no trades.

KS-5-A

  • CPU: Intel Xeon E-2274G, 4c/8t @ 4-4.9 GHz
  • RAM: 64 GB DDR4 ECC 2666 (double the base 32 GB config)
  • Storage: 2x 960 GB enterprise NVMe (Soft RAID)
  • Network: 10 Gbps down / 500 Mbps up (unmetered, 10G NIC verified)
  • Location: UK / Erith (ERI1)
  • Renewal: GBP 30.18/mo ex VAT (about GBP 36.22 inc)
  • Next payment 1 Nov 2026 (month-to-month, auto-renew)
  • Setup already paid
  • Wiped and ready to hand over

Details

  • Both were Proxmox nodes and are now fully wiped.
  • EU (OVH UK/EU) account required for transfer. No unpaid invoices on either side.
  • Official OVH transfer method only (contact change).
  • Payment: PayPal F&F or crypto.

Benchmarks (YABS, 2026-10-09)

Both boxes are in OVH rescue mode, so the root filesystem is tmpfs (RAM) and a normal fio run would measure cache. The disk numbers below come from direct raw-device sequential reads on the real (wiped) disks.

Disk (sequential read, dd iflag=direct)

Geekbench 6

Provider Location Send Recv Ping
Clouvider London, UK (10G) busy 6.16 Gbits/sec 1.54 ms
Eranium Amsterdam, NL (100G) 484 Mbits/sec 9.30 Gbits/sec 11.4 ms
Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 448 Mbits/sec 2.16 Gbits/sec 108 ms
Leaseweb Singapore, SG (10G) 414 Mbits/sec 1.42 Gbits/sec 166 ms
Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 309 Mbits/sec 1.27 Gbits/sec 135 ms
Leaseweb NYC, NY, US (10G) 467 Mbits/sec 3.63 Gbits/sec 70.0 ms
Edgoo Sao Paulo, BR (1G) 403 Mbits/sec 1.11 Gbits/sec 197 ms

Both were also tested over IPv6 with near-identical results (recv up to about 9.2 Gbits/sec). Together the numbers confirm the advertised 10 Gbps down / 500 Mbps up: send caps at about 0.48 Gbit/s (the 500 Mbps uplink) while download reaches about 9 Gbit/s from a 100G peer.

Asking

  • KS-5-A: EUR 100 OBO
  • Both together: EUR 200 OBO
  • Open to sensible offers.

DM me which one(s) you want, and any other questions. Thanks!

Comments

  • Sorry, scalper.

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith AdministratorProviderOG

    @ascicode said:
    Sorry, scalper.

    explain?

    Half the renewal price and already been in service for 8 months?

    What am i not understanding?

    My concern is more that its a new account here, or I probably would have had the KS-STOR

    TierHive - Hourly VPS - NAT Native - /24 per customer - DE, UK, SG, CA, USA x4, FR x2, AU, PL, NL, JP
    FREE tokens on sign up, try before you buy. | Static Hosting Free for life: https://tierhive.com/static-hosting/

  • teamaccteamacc OG teamacc

    @AnthonySmith said:

    @ascicode said:
    Sorry, scalper.

    explain?

    Half the renewal price and already been in service for 8 months?

    What am i not understanding?

    My concern is more that its a new account here, or I probably would have had the KS-STOR

    Mainly for the ks-5-a, 100 euro for something with less than 20 euros worth of service remaining.

    Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

  • Appreciate the warm welcome! :)

    I appreciate this is a new account, I've been on LET for a little while now and have several sale/transfer threads with no issue. I will run the official OVH transfer (Admin, Technical and Billing), keep it in-thread, and can raise the OVH request first so a buyer sees the service in their own panel before any payment.

    The KS-STOR is already pending sale.
    For the KS-5-A, that is my bad. I added the setup fees twice when I was working out the prices. There's about three weeks of term remaining to 1 Nov, worth ~€26 ex VAT. I've priced it based on the specs, availability and setup fee and think it is fair. If you don't agree with the price, you're welcome to make me an offer.

    Everything is OBO, no obligation. Offers welcome, and if it is not for you, pass.

  • KS-STOR is sold, KS-5-A is still available. @AnthonySmith am I able to edit the post to update it?

  • quicksilver03quicksilver03 ProviderOG

    I grabbed the KS-STOR from @lbubeer , thanks for the smooth and quick transaction!

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith AdministratorProviderOG

    @lbubeer said:
    KS-STOR is sold, KS-5-A is still available. @AnthonySmith am I able to edit the post to update it?

    Done

    TierHive - Hourly VPS - NAT Native - /24 per customer - DE, UK, SG, CA, USA x4, FR x2, AU, PL, NL, JP
    FREE tokens on sign up, try before you buy. | Static Hosting Free for life: https://tierhive.com/static-hosting/

  • Great thanks

  • edited 5:22PM

    @teamacc said:

    @AnthonySmith said:

    @ascicode said:
    Sorry, scalper.

    explain?

    Half the renewal price and already been in service for 8 months?

    What am i not understanding?

    My concern is more that its a new account here, or I probably would have had the KS-STOR

    Mainly for the ks-5-a, 100 euro for something with less than 20 euros worth of service remaining.

    Not only, but i not read about added setup fees.
    The whole setup was worth 100 instead of 200.
    But still dont know, if there was something additionally paid or all stock configuration?

    @lbubeer whats your name on ogf?
    Maybe i was a bit too harsh.

  • No worries, idk what ogf is please explain :)
    My username on LET is the same as on here.
    I paid ~€76 euro for the server (including the setup fee), so looking for ~€60. I miscalculated it initially so appreciate it looked like scalping.
    The server has 64GB ram upgrade(10gbs down was a suprise!)

Sign In or Register to comment.