Is possible to make a static page in wordpress without converting thw whole wp.on static?

So here is the question is possible somehow to convert page A in static meanwhile not converting the whole.page in static because a chat, contact form, calculator and so on. . So page A could be static.meanwhile the rest of the pages are " normal wp" ?

Dentistry is my passion

Comments

• edited February 12

put a .html somewhere and adjust the linking for it in .htaccess?

do you really mean static as in not dynamically generated? what about header/footer and all that nonsense?

Thanked by (3)vyas Chievo Otus9051
  • Is page A a part of “whole page” i.e say
    We have whole.page has 3 tabs, page A happens to be one tab?

Or does “whole.page” means all pages in the WP sitw?

To me, way the question is framed, makes it confusing. Maybe I am just not getting it m
    Thx

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin Chievo

Squats are the new Push-ups

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@vyas said:
    Is page A a part of “whole page” i.e say

To me, way the question is framed, makes it confusing. Maybe I am just not getting it m
    Thx

+1

A list or a drawing/sketch could help.

Thanked by (1)Chievo

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @Falzo said:

do you really mean static as in not dynamically generated? what about header/footer and all that nonsense?

You mean generate a static version of domain.com/A with some static plugin for wordpress afterwards upload that .html and update thr htaccess?

Yes i mean static. The buttons would not work on the static version? A noob question sorry. ( nothing fancy menu on footer and header) just buttons

Dentistry is my passion

• Maybe not the same thing you want, but fastcgi_cache can cache your page as plain html file and serve it without hitting wordpress/php at all. I do this on most of my blog sites, helps me to serve high traffic on low-end vps.

Thanked by (2)Chievo techdragon
  • @vyas said:

Thx

I mea> @vyas said:

Thx

Sorry may be i have not explained it well.
    There are 2 sorts of pages in domain.com

Domain.com/A which requiere dynamic content working on it calculator.comments chat so on

Domain.com/B which could be static address photos text etc.

So the question is how could be possible to obtain a mix of them? Wp is dynamic content per se. Meanwhile there are some static plugins that could create a whole static website where obviously the chat comments calculators would not work.

Hopefully it is better explained now.

Thanked by (1)vyas

Dentistry is my passion

• @bikegremlin said:

@vyas said:

Thx

+1

A list or a drawing/sketch could help.

Hi! I have tried to explain it a bit better in order to clarify it. Hopefully it could be understood . If not i would make a new try ;)

Dentistry is my passion

@Chievo said:

@Falzo said:

You mean generate a static version of domain.com/A with some static plugin for wordpress afterwards upload that .html and update thr htaccess?

Yes i mean static. The buttons would not work on the static version? A noob question sorry. ( nothing fancy menu on footer and header) just buttons

Static doesn't use a database to generate content or write data into it.
    Static vs dynamically generated content explained

You could make a static page with buttons (with a bit of JS). Here is one example - this is 100% static, and works as one of the pages of my WP site (and yes, it's not mobile-friendly LOL):
    Which bicycle suits my needs - test

However, if I wanted those test results to be written somewhere, that complicates things.

Likewise, if I wanted to allow visitor comments on that page, I would either have to:

• Add the static code to a WP page (making it easily cacheable, but not literally static as it's generated along with the WP page), using a "Custom HTML" WP block.
    • Or, add some script that would connect to Discourse (or whatever such services are called), or write my own Discourse LOL.

Does this answer your question?

Thanked by (1)Chievo

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• @Chievo said:

@vyas said:

Thx

I mea> @vyas said:

Thx

Domain.com/A which requiere dynamic content working on it calculator.comments chat so on

So the question is how could be possible to obtain a mix of them? Wp is dynamic content per se. Meanwhile there are some static plugins that could create a whole static website where obviously the chat comments calculators would not work.

What about using subdomains?

Thanked by (1)Chievo
  • @PHP_Backend said:
    Maybe not the same thing you want, but fastcgi_cache can cache your page as plain html file and serve it without hitting wordpress/php at all. I do this on most of my blog sites, helps me to serve high traffic on low-end vps.

Hi! Could be possible to make exceptions? I mean add that page domain.com/A. ( with dynamic content chat calculator so.on) like an exception of that rule? Meanwhile apply the "static versions of wp" for the rest? Or would not be possible?

Dentistry is my passion

• @Chievo said:

@PHP_Backend said:
    Maybe not the same thing you want, but fastcgi_cache can cache your page as plain html file and serve it without hitting wordpress/php at all. I do this on most of my blog sites, helps me to serve high traffic on low-end vps.

Hi! Could be possible to make exceptions? I mean add that page domain.com/A. ( with dynamic content chat calculator so.on) like an exception of that rule? Meanwhile apply the "static versions of wp" for the rest? Or would not be possible?

Maybe WP Plugin Manager to disable the 'dynamic content' on pages you want to be 'static' is also a solution?

Thanked by (1)Chievo
  • @Chievo said:

Yes, that's possible. But keep in mind, this approach requires modifying web server config (nginx in my example).

Thanked by (1)Chievo
  • @bikegremlin said:

@Chievo said:

@Falzo said:

Static doesn't use a database to generate content or write data into it.
    Static vs dynamically generated content explained

You could make a static page with buttons (with a bit of JS). Here is one example - this is 100% static, and works as one of the pages of my WP site (and yes, it's not mobile-friendly LOL):
    Which bicycle suits my needs - test

However, if I wanted those test results to be written somewhere, that complicates things.

Likewise, if I wanted to allow visitor comments on that page, I would either have to:

• Add the static code to a WP page (making it easily cacheable, but not literally static as it's generated along with the WP page), using a "Custom HTML" WP block.
    • Or, add some script that would connect to Discourse (or whatever such services are called), or write my own Discourse LOL.

Does this answer your question?

Mmm i would ask for the completely versions . I do not need to add static into dynamic page. I mean i wish to have domain.com/A with dynanic content working on it as a chat calculator and so on. Meanwhile where possible make usage of static content. Not mix them into 1 page .

Dentistry is my passion

• @techdragon said:

@Chievo said:

@vyas said:

Thx

I mea> @vyas said:

Thx

What about using subdomains?

it is an option but may be would be better to mantain it in 1 domain without subdomains. But yes it is an option.Could be done in that way. Thanks

Thanked by (1)techdragon

Dentistry is my passion

• @techdragon said:

@Chievo said:

@PHP_Backend said:

Maybe WP Plugin Manager to disable the 'dynamic content' on pages you want to be 'static' is also a solution?

Hi ! I have been looking for a plugin which creates a static content and apply the Wp plugin manager with it. And playing around apllying/ not applying the plugin. But the issue is that seems that static plugins could not worked in that way. ( at least from what i have tried) They act over the whole domain. Unfortunately :(

Thanked by (1)techdragon

Dentistry is my passion

• @PHP_Backend said:

@Chievo said:

Yes, that's possible. But keep in mind, this approach requires modifying web server config (nginx in my example).

Thanks any book that you recommend over it? Or official.documentation or which term i should google in order to achieve it? i am with nginx as well.

Dentistry is my passion

• @Chievo what exactly is your goal, that you want to reach here?

@bikegremlin said: Static doesn't use a database to generate content or write data into it.

also no php (as you correctly show in that image on your page). however, when the page already exist in wordpress literally everything goes through php, even if it doesn't need the database). that's also why I asked about the reality of static ;-)

the question here should definitely be: WHY?

I don't see any valid reason to go through the hassle of manually converting things into static html unless for a onetime thing, where you want to quickly host some single stuff in between the same dir and domain.

if it would be about speed there are tons of caching plugins that generate static pages from all your wordpress content and serve this for a gain. no need to manually fiddle around.

Thanked by (1)Chievo
  • @Chievo said:
    Thanks any book that you recommend over it? Or official.documentation or which term i should google in order to achieve it? i am with nginx as well.

searching "fastcgi cache wordpress" should be good enough. This tutorial looks good to me. You can just have different "location" block for page A and B. Any location block that contains fastcgi_cache directive will be cached, others won't. This way you can control which page is static and which one is dynamic.

Thanked by (1)Chievo
  • @Falzo said:
    @Chievo what exactly is your goal, that you want to reach here?

@bikegremlin said: Static doesn't use a database to generate content or write data into it.

also no php (as you correctly show in that image on your page). however, when the page already exist in wordpress literally everything goes through php, even if it doesn't need the database). that's also why I asked about the reality of static ;-)

the question here should definitely be: WHY?

I don't see any valid reason to go through the hassle of manually converting things into static html unless for a onetime thing, where you want to quickly host some single stuff in between the same dir and domain.

if it would be about speed there are tons of caching plugins that generate static pages from all your wordpress content and serve this for a gain. no need to manually fiddle around.

Yes i am trying to improve the speed somehow. In theory the website would be faster in static page .i(where possible) in theory. Yeah may be is useless and just overcomplication of the case scenario. Could be the case, could be. Thanks for the opinion

Dentistry is my passion

• @PHP_Backend said:

@Chievo said:

searching "fastcgi cache wordpress" should be good enough. This tutorial looks good to me. You can just have different "location" block for page A and B. Any location block that contains fastcgi_cache directive will be cached, others won't. This way you can control which page is static and which one is dynamic.

thanks! I would check it and try it. Fingers crossed.

Thanked by (1)PHP_Backend

Dentistry is my passion

@Chievo said:

@PHP_Backend said:

@Chievo said:

thanks! I would check it and try it. Fingers crossed.

LiteSpeed cache and a decent theme, with no nonsense plugins can perform quite well.

On a decent hosting server.

Generally.

Is this fast enough for you:
    https://www.biketeam.rs/

The contact page is behind Cloudflare for spam protection, and so is the website search.

The rest: GeneratePress theme and decently configured LiteSpeed on a decent shared (well, technically reseller) hosting server.

Thanked by (1)Chievo

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited February 12

Like the others, I have a bit of trouble following what the endgoal here is. If you are looking to achieve faster page speed and maybe even re-create a "simple" wp website with lots of static pages have a look at Livecanvas plugin together with their Picostrap Theme. Livecanvas allows you to create pages Drag&Drop similar to "normal" WordPress, but also allows you to directly dip in the code. It's very fast because it creates static HTML pages based on Bootstrap.

https://livecanvas.com/

https://picostrap.com/

Thanked by (1)Chievo