For WordPress experts with some knowledge of "Nitro"

Hi,
Looking for some ideas/advice to deal with a WordPress site and something called "Nitro" which seems to "eat" (can't really say anything else) some footer script: First turning it into some NPRL.registerScript... and then making it totally disappear.

Just a friend of a friend.... so can't really put my fingers into it! (neither code nor friend of course)
If anyone has any lead....

Tagged:

Comments

• what are you smoking on man? without seeing the code or error logs references. this is just plain impossible

so can't really put my fingers into it! (neither code nor friend of course)

and you expect some random LESbian can fix it? lol\@urlife.

you already failed identifying the problem, so let it go and move along. you'll receive a real help once you posted everything just like what you did using rubber duck debugging method.

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• edited August 2023

@Encoders said:
    what are you smoking on man? without seeing the code or error logs references. this is just plain impossible

I'm obviously smoking something less toxic than you do!
    1. If I had code or logs, I would not be here
    2. If you had any idea what nitro is, you would understand....

Sorry for others!

• yeah, what about providing more relevant information what about this "Nitro" is?

If it's an extension / plugin / theme, link it to the source or where the developer publish it. There's a lot more people smarter than you at cherrypicking forums discussion / looking things up in search engine. If you really want to play "muh sekrit club" then you'd be posting this problem in their respective platform, not here.

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

A wild guess:

Nitro was some speed-up plugin or whatever.
    Never gave it a try for reasons I never bothered to write down and can't recall.

Maybe this is what we are talking about:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/nitropack/

Now for some even wilder guesses:

It could be messing with cache or with server-caching (if it's running on and "colliding" with NginX or LiteSpeed).

Website URL might be helpful to see what the problem looks like - PM is fine if the link is for any reason not wise to share.

Go wilder!
    If it is the Nitro-whatever, the free (or the non-renewed pro) version probably tries to overwrite the footer with its own advert.
    Maybe some code was made to overwrite that (manually, by the site owner), but something changed in the meantime (plugin and WP updates, PHP version etc.).

Go Serbian
    A nulled pro plugin or theme was used.
    That, apart from me not getting my usual 10%, might mean you have some bigger problems, if you didn't null it right (if you install nulled stuff without drinking enough rakija, you can get a virus).

Wild Relja Hickok

Thanked by (2)FrankZ TigersWay

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin Thanks for your comment. I do know you are one with knowledge around WordPress.
    And I am fine with your most wild guesses =)

As you may guess I only have - for now - access to urls and the resulting html. I do not have access and don't want to have access to WordPress. And was only asked to setup some analytics script.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

@TigersWay said:
    @bikegremlin Thanks for your comment. I do know you are one with knowledge around WordPress.
    And I am fine with your most wild guesses =)

As you may guess I only have - for now - access to urls and the resulting html. I do not have access and don't want to have access to WordPress. And was only asked to setup some analytics script.

Life is better that way. :)

For a start, website URL would do fine - to see what browser says about errors (console and network tabs for a start).
    You've probably made a wise decision not to dive further than that.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• @bikegremlin said:
    For a start, website URL would do fine - to see what browser says about errors (console and network tabs for a start).
    You've probably made a wise decision not to dive further than that.

Would love to share that url but not my decision
    The wise one is mine then 😁

• @lesuser said:
    Are you talking about WCW Monday Nitro?

No idea sorry. There's just plenty of nitro this or nitro that in the visible html

• @lesuser said:

Daammn, I'm old!

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• @Dazzle said:

@lesuser said:

Daammn, I'm old!

Just got it 😁😁 sorry. Not being from US doesn't help

@Dazzle said:

@lesuser said:

Daammn, I'm old!

LOL - got me too (had to Google it). :)

Thanked by (1)lesuser

• @bikegremlin I got more information, so just sharing here.
    it's a plugin called NitroPack, which seems to "CDNize" every resources even external ones.

Don't really want to get involved in WordPress tinkering, so I'll give up.
    Thanks anyway.

• @TigersWay said:
    @bikegremlin I got more information, so just sharing here.
    it's a plugin called NitroPack, which seems to "CDNize" every resources even external ones.

Thanks anyway.

Not sure why people ard using it. I mean knowing well wordpress is pretty fast like 350ms charging the webpage aprox from gtmetrix results. Without nitro plugin. Sure you must know how to configure it etc.

Dentistry is my passion

• @Dazzle said:

@lesuser said:

Daammn, I'm old!

The real ones did not have to google anything! :+1:

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin Dazzle

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

@Chievo said:

@TigersWay said:

Thanks anyway.

Not sure why people ard using it. I mean knowing well wordpress is pretty fast like 350ms charging the webpage aprox from gtmetrix results. Without nitro plugin. Sure you must know how to configure it etc.

If you haven’t got a lot of WP experience, and don’t plan to become a WP dev, that can be a huge time-pit.

It's important to know when to say "no."

Thanked by (1)Chievo

• @bikegremlin said:

If you haven’t got a lot of WP experience, and don’t plan to become a WP dev, that can be a huge time-pit.

I did have... nearly 20 years ago B) but my only plan now is to enjoy retirement!

• @bikegremlin said:

@Chievo said:

@TigersWay said:

Thanks anyway.

It's important to know when to say "no."

True

Dentistry is my passion