server-factory.com | Sweden | Help us test and win a VPS!

2»

Comments

• Uptime     : 0 days, 2 hours, 36 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7452 32-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2349.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 24.5 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-10-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ❌ Offline / ✔ Online

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 221.79 MB/s  (55.4k) | 2.87 GB/s    (44.9k)
    Write      | 222.37 MB/s  (55.5k) | 2.89 GB/s    (45.1k)
    Total      | 444.17 MB/s (111.0k) | 5.76 GB/s    (90.1k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 9.07 GB/s    (17.7k) | 10.35 GB/s   (10.1k)
    Write      | 9.56 GB/s    (18.6k) | 11.04 GB/s   (10.7k)
    Total      | 18.64 GB/s   (36.4k) | 21.39 GB/s   (20.8k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | busy            | --
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 29.0 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | busy            | 23.8 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | busy            | --
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | busy            | --
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | busy            | busy            | --
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | busy            | --

Geekbench releases can only be downloaded over IPv4. FTP the Geekbench files and run manually.

YABS completed in 3 min 46 sec

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • Mine is working great. I don't mine having a free only ipv6 vps. It is not a problem not having ipv4.

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

free is always best

Thanked by (1)mxmla

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• mxmlamxmla Hosting Provider

@sh97 said:
    btw @mxmla any plans for BGP sessions in the future?

We plan to offer BGP Sessions but only if we are able to automate it, therefore no ETA :/

@LOVE7 said:
    Congrats on the new location! I think it should send an email with the IP and Password to the user otherwise some users may have a problem with the login.

Thanks for your feedback! Which Problems with login do you think one can have if the IP and Password is only listed in the Client Area?

@terrorgen said:
    What would be the pricing after the trial is over?

Not yet known, but probably like our pre energy crisis offers in the Netherlands ;) IPv6 only will give a great discount.

Thanked by (1)LOVE7
  • @mxmla
    Maybe this is not a big deal but If the new order e-mail contains the login information It could be easier for a user to log in, instead of opening the webpage again to find where the password is.

@LOVE7 said:
    @mxmla
    Maybe this is not a big deal but If the new order e-mail contains the login information It could be easier for a user to log in, instead of opening the webpage again to find where the password is.

Thanks for your feedback! We will re-consider it :)

We added a Debian 11 Template.

• I think it should add a reset password function, in case users forget the password after changing it, if not users must rebuild the OS.

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • @mxmla

The performance is really amazing. How much is it?

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • @Fritz said:
    @mxmla

The performance is really amazing. How much is it?

@terrorgen said:
    What would be the pricing after the trial is over?

Not yet known, but probably like our pre energy crisis offers in the Netherlands ;) IPv6 only will give a great discount.

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • @LOVE7 said:
    @mxmla

Not for security, technically that is a password sent in plaintext. Better for the provider if you have to login to retrieve it that way only you should have access to it, theoretically anyways.

Thanked by (2)mxmla yoursunny

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @LOVE7 said:
    @mxmla

Standard, sadly with most Providers.
    However, most of the Email these days is send via TLS.

Should not be that big of an issue anymore, however would be better to not send it obviously.

Thanked by (2)LOVE7 mxmla
  • Just tried it out and it seems to run great, awesome performance and great network.

Just a minor thing, not really related to the new location but anyway.
    In your panel when I list my vps's, it would make more sense to list the hostname in bold letters instead of the package name. Also, in the navbar to the left it is only listed with package name, nothing else.
    In my case "sweden.mydomain" or whatever I name the server makes more sense then "AMD EPYC™ XXS IPv6 ONLY VPS 24 HOUR TRIAL". It gets a bit confusing if you have multiple vps's with the same package name.

I very rarely refer to my vps's by the providers package name so it feels a bit backwards that that is the prominent field while listing them. :smile:

Thanked by (2)skorous mxmla

To patch a vulnerability, all Trial VPS will be offline for a few minutes. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Trial VPS are all back online.

• @mxmla said:
    Trial VPS are all back online.

https://my.server-factory.com/ seems to be Under Maintenance

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • AsimAsim OGServices Provider

The VPS has been a smooth sailing so far, no issues, nothing broken etc

usually its the templates that are broken but not with @mxmla , they keep a keen eye on things

My only non-issue was not being able to access IPv4-only resources but that's understandable since there is no IPv4 or any IPv4-gateway

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • The trial VPS performance is good. Installing packages is even faster than some of my other VMs with higher specs, dispite the 25% CPU limit. Network is fast with good connection to my local ISP.

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • Been testing for a while now, and everything seems to work perfectly.
    Good performance, the templates work, network is fast.
    I have some packet loss between some of my vps's in the states and this one, but I have not figured out which side its on so I will not put the blame anywhere...yet. :smile:

Thanked by (1)mxmla

@rcy026 said:
    Been testing for a while now, and everything seems to work perfectly.
    I have some packet loss between some of my vps's in the states and this one, but I have not figured out which side its on so I will not put the blame anywhere...yet. :smile:

Thanks for your feedback! Could you please open a Ticket and provide MTR's in both directions that show the loss? Thanks in advance!

IPv4 Subnet is transferred and Looking Glass is up: lg.se.server-factory.com

• ORDER NUMBER: 1593612477

I had no problem installing Proxmox. I also tested the bandwith and got as promised 1 Gbps.
    Looking forward to when you launch this in production!

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • @mxmla said:

@rcy026 said:
    Been testing for a while now, and everything seems to work perfectly.

Thanks for your feedback! Could you please open a Ticket and provide MTR's in both directions that show the loss? Thanks in advance!

Done.

Thanked by (1)mxmla
    edited July 2023

We added Windows Server 2022 Standard Trial (BYOL) and Windows Server 2019 Standard Trial (BYOL) as Templates to test :)

Please check https://my.server-factory.com/knowledgebase/article/4/configure-windows-server-templates/

Thanks for everyone's help so far :)

• @mxmla said:
    We added Windows Server 2022 Standard Trial (BYOL) and Windows Server 2019 Standard Trial (BYOL) as Templates to test :)

Please check https://my.server-factory.com/knowledgebase/article/4/configure-windows-server-templates/

Thanks for everyone's help so far :)

Good :)

Thanked by (1)mxmla

Thanks to everyone who tested and provided feedback!

@iKirby is the winner, please contact us with your Trial VPS Order number via PM here to claim your VPS!

Thanked by (2)Jab iKirby