[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @ahnlak said:
    Wow, that must be a pretty special deal from them - that much RAM and storage isn't far off that per month on their website =)

Sometimes providers get loopy in the middle of the night on a BF sale and offer crazy deals they probably kick themselves for the next day eyes Virmach Not that anyone here would have ever done that ;)

Thanked by (1)someTom
  • I can always tell when BF is coming up; just getting my renewal notices arriving in my mailbox :)

• @Daevien said: Nice deal for that spec. Trouble in matching it though, it's a renewal.

@ahnlak said: Wow, that must be a pretty special deal from them - that much RAM and storage isn't far off that per month on their website

Agreed this is a great deal and certainly not suggesting that Virmach should try to match - just background info.
    The deal was originally 50 Euros and increased by 10% for this renewal. It was also @terrahost taking on existing customers from.....(not sure I dare say this).... hostsolutions.ro
    It is an excellent reliable VM.

• @aiexo You seem to always show up when @Virmach has wandered off to beat a server into submission or something. Looking at the quote history, it looks like you have a ticket number and hadn't accepted some sort of offer until just before VIrmach's last post.

I'm assuming then that the ticket is still #323202 and not updated yet from Virmach's side since you are asking for an update? (Just trying to narrow it down so they can check it easier)

• @drizbo said:
    Have a nice life and eat pizza.

What's your favorite pizza topping? Mine's pepperoni and olives.

• @drizbo said:
    And I didn't dispute, cba dealing with that shit.

I know I shouldn't, but I'm trying to square that with "I've opened a dispute on Paypal".

Ok, enough feeding, back to beer n bed.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

The @drizbo rant and associated comments can now be read in the Rants section.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited October 2022

@drizbo said:

@fluttershy said:

@drizbo said:

Mod Edit by FrankZ

I don't think that's a valid pizza topping

• @fluttershy said:

@drizbo said:

@fluttershy said:

@drizbo said:

Dicks and balls

I don't think that's a valid pizza topping

You need a new pizza parlour.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited October 2022

@Daevien said:
    @aiexo You seem to always show up when @Virmach has wandered off to beat a server into submission or something. Looking at the quote history, it looks like you have a ticket number and hadn't accepted some sort of offer until just before VIrmach's last post.

I'm assuming then that the ticket is still #323202 and not updated yet from Virmach's side since you are asking for an update? (Just trying to narrow it down so they can check it easier)

Yes, there is no update for ticket #323202.

I couldn't get an update on ticket #323202, soI am here again.

I'm sorry if my actions have caused you trouble, but I do want to know how it should be resolved in the end. I paid a lot of money for the VPS from a scalper and I have been unable to contact the scalper, if the VPS cannot be restored then I have nothing.

I've been here for a while, I still hope if there is some way to solve?

Thank you for response to my feedback.

• @FAT32 / @VirMach some feedback don't you think there should be a way to manually enter values or slider should have "levels" in its current state it is very hard to make it a specific value

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• Fuck input, just add arrows left/right, so you pick 156GB manually via slider and then adjust that 6GB by arrows clicking 6 time left if you really that cheap. [I would!]

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @aiexo said:
    I couldn't get an update on ticket #323202, so here I am again.
    I'm sorry if my actions have caused you trouble, but I do want to know how it should be resolved in the end. I paid a lot of money for the VPS from a scalper and I have been unable to contact the scalper, if the VPS cannot be restored then I have nothing.

As I am not an employee, there really isn't much more I can do or say except to suggest you make sure you did provide all the information requested in the ticket and say that @virmach should be around sometime today now that he's been tagged and there aren't a ton of new comments for him to read.

This is the unfortunate part of dealing with scalpers, they really don't care about either side, just about getting their money. And why you should always deal directly with companies.

• @codelock said:
    @FAT32 / @VirMach some feedback don't you think there should be a way to manually enter values or slider should have "levels" in its current state it is very hard to make it a specific value

It was noted before by someone about the manual method, so may be in the process of being done

@Jab said:
    Fuck input, just add arrows left/right, so you pick 156GB manually via slider and then adjust that 6GB by arrows clicking 6 time left if you really that cheap. [I would!]

Actually, i was able to do that before and just verified it now in Firefox at least. Click on a bar and then arrow keys with adjust.

• @aiexo said: I've been here for a while, I still hope if there is some way to solve?

Find scalper, sue!
    Find scalper, tell his mother what kind of shit he is.
    Find scalper, break his.... laptop.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

@Daevien said: Actually, i was able to do that before and just verified it now in Firefox at least. Click on a bar and then arrow keys with adjust.

HINT: 99.99999% (data straight from ass, of course) mobile phones/tablets does not have physical arrow keys.

• @Jab said:

@Daevien said: Actually, i was able to do that before and just verified it now in Firefox at least. Click on a bar and then arrow keys with adjust.

HINT: 99.99999% (data straight from ass, of course) mobile phones/tables does not have physical arrow keys.

Ahh, didn't realize you meant actual physical arrows on the interface, sorry. I usually don't browse forums on mobile devices, too much of a pain :p

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @fluttershy said:

@drizbo said:

Where did my message go?

Anyway, dicks and balls on pizza are the best.

• @Daevien said:

@aiexo said:
    I couldn't get an update on ticket #323202, so here I am again.

As I am not an employee, there really isn't much more I can do or say except to suggest you make sure you did provide all the information requested in the ticket and say that @virmach should be around sometime today now that he's been tagged and there aren't a ton of new comments for him to read.

This is the unfortunate part of dealing with scalpers, they really don't care about either side, just about getting their money. And why you should always deal directly with companies.

Thank you, Daevien.

Since I couldn't buy these VPS by myself in flash sales, I bought it form scalpers under my greed.

T_T

• @Jab said:

@aiexo said: I've been here for a while, I still hope if there is some way to solve?

Find scalper, sue!
    Find scalper, tell his mother what kind of shit he is.
    Find scalper, break his.... laptop.

If I could find him … i will

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

@msatt said: Just wanted to say I just renewed this equivalent (not certain about disk type, so may be rust) with terrahost for 55 Euros per year.

Let's check my @terrahost equivalent

60 euro / year and it should be 30TB not 20TB bandwidth, but I don't fucking use even 300GB per month so let's bring it to 'sane value' of 1TB

and then VirMach still cheaper :D

I guess priorities and different pricing for different resources :)

But yeah, this is special-special-special, limited to few on new years thread iirc, it is a fucking amazing steal-deal!
    Only problem [for me, but good for terrahost :D] - I am mostly idling

Oh, on top of that it's fucking AMD Ryzen 9 5950X with 1600 GB5 CPU score for single core.
    It's a very fucking steal that I will most likely never let go.

On the other hand my most powerful-amazing-deal-VirMach snipe is 4 cores (Ryzen! :+1: ), 4 GB RAM, 42GB NVMe and 1TB band (which is plenty, plenty for me) is like 25$/EURO for a year, so even doubling [and resources] that it still would be cheaper than terrahost [ok, except band that I never use, but everyone has different needs] ;')

Thanked by (2)FAT32 terrahost

• where do you guys find that slider? all i can see in https://virmach.com/special-offers/ is coming soon button, already refresh & changed browser, but still can't find.

• @netrix said:
    where do you guys find that slider? all i can see in https://virmach.com/special-offers/ is coming soon button, already refresh & changed browser, but still can't find.

You hard refresh until it shows up, CTRL + SHIFT + R or whatever your browser has there.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• @Jab said:

@netrix said:
    where do you guys find that slider? all i can see in https://virmach.com/special-offers/ is coming soon button, already refresh & changed browser, but still can't find.

You hard refresh until it shows up, CTRL + SHIFT + R or whatever your browser has there.

still can't find it with mobile browser (Chrome & Firefox). maybe desktop only?

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

@netrix said: still can't find it with mobile browser (Chrome & Firefox). maybe desktop only?

I don't think so, you probably have no idea how to do hard refresh on mobile :P
    and probably depends what CF backend you hit? VirMach need to clean that URL from CF panel I guess :D

Thanked by (1)netrix

• @fluttershy said:
    I got all excited, but guess I'll have to wait for that order button to function. Looks like some great deals coming up though!

Same, I got excited and clicked order before reading the rest of the thread, only to get the out of stock. Oh well, as soon as it goes live I know what I'm getting:

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @bakageta said:

@fluttershy said:
    I got all excited, but guess I'll have to wait for that order button to function. Looks like some great deals coming up though!

Same, I got excited and clicked order before reading the rest of the thread, only to get the out of stock. Oh well, as soon as it goes live I know what I'm getting:

Killer deal there for sure! I'll probably be grabbing some storage VMs for a few projects (VirCDN anyone?)

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

FFME004 is alive!
    Downtime: 13 hr 58 min

Seconds_Behind_Master: 45131

• williewillie OG
    edited October 2022

@Daevien said: I and others tried to help him. We didn't say the issues hadn't been ongoing, he literally didn't tell us what his issues were at all in any detail. He gave us nothing but rage and then said he did a chargeback.

He said he'd had a lot of downtime and gotten poor ticket response, and in his rant's first few words, he complained about VM doing BF offers instead of fixing existing problems. Lots of us have had downtime and those us who have been around for a while understand that this happens all the time at the low end, when someone is trying to be a VM host with barely enough resources to operate day to day when stuff is running smoothly. When stuff breaks there are cascading failures, and here there was massive account abuse, DC issues, hardware issues, having to bug out of CC, some drama with IP addresses, etc.

It sounded to me like Drizbo wanted what the rest of us want: 1) resolution of his immediate problems, though we all (including Drizbo I think) understood that VM is overstretched and stuff suffers; and 2) some kind of indication that the problems are temporary and that VM is heading back towards stability. Solving Drizbo's immediate problems while setting the stage for new ones isn't that big a help from that perspective. And if the long downtimes and slow ticket handling are caused by overwork, then making BF offers would seem to invite even MORE overwork.

It did seem to me a month or two ago that Virmach was in no position to be making new offers, with so much stuff out of commission and so many users hanging. The VM's are working better now so maybe BF is survivable, I don't know, I'm not that invested in it, but I can understand. Doing BF seems to go against catching up with the workload, but it's not my call to make. I would say that from out here, the backlog does seem likely to be smaller than it was in the past. I had months of downtime on multiple VM's and got a $1.25 account credit. I appreciated the gesture, but really, the idea of a server is that it is online more than a home PC would be, and that didn't happen.

Not sure what else you think we could or should have done at that point.

Drizbo might have felt more reassured if Virmach had announced something like "we're not doing BF this year because we're still trying to recover from a series of big outages in mid-2022, and put better abuse controls in place after we got hammered in the last offer. We're going to concentrate on getting our systems and network running properly again and finishing off our backlog. We hope to have some amazing offers for you on Valentine's Day in a few months, after everything is fixed, since we love you all". That's about preventing recurring problems, not just patching up the immediate ones.

I appreciate the amount of work and madness Virmach has gone through to keep this stuff afloat and I hope it works out. I do see a pattern in the low end world where a provider gets overstretched, scrambles like mad to pull out of a spiral, and sometimes succeeds but not always (think Hostsolutions). Promotional offers centered around multi-year prepaid plans in particular are often a sign of trying to relieve immediate financial pressure, by taking on long term obligations which will keep incurring costs long after the payments are spent. And of course that contributes to the spiral.

I'm not the one under the gun here so from a user perspective I try to be serene about the outcome (if I really depended on this stuff I wouldn't use low end services in the first place). From a LES member and tech worker perspective I try to be supportive of Virmach but also to not delude myself about where things seem to stand.

• @Jab said: Can confirm it still happen like 21 hours ago - took my money from card, showed 500 on index.php?rp=/invoice/number/process, but then e-mails showed up, invoice was in Invoices, my money was added.

I had the same problem 2-3 days ago when I added fund to my account. Logged back in and the fund was added. Seems its been going on for few days.

This discussion has been closed.